Not only are you going to earn more money on facebook ads, you will stop losing money on wasted facebook ads. Join us today as Bob who has been working with facebook ads since 2013 shares his knowledge in the facebook world.
My Guest: Bob Regnerus
Coach Bob Regnerus is the Co-Founder of Feedstories, a digital marketing expert, and author of five books, including the 4th Edition of the Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising (Entrepreneur Press). Since 1998, Bob has been helping his clients achieve their goals through digital media and storytelling, and he is eager to share his experience with you. Bob is a sought-after expert in the area of Facebook Advertising and Deep Funnel Marketing™ strategies. Most importantly, Bob is a husband to his high school sweetheart and a dad to 2 amazing daughters and is a high school basketball coach.
· When Bob finished college in the early 90’s he worked at a couple of corporations working on mainframe programming.
· He got interested in web programming as that was starting to become a viable kind of field for Bob.
· Bob built his first website in 1998 for local sporting goods retailer, and they are still his client 23 years later.
· Bob preferred paid advertising, because he liked the predictability of paid traffic.
· When Bob began Facebook advertising in 2013, it was a great match for him because he is big on stories, he is an author, he posted radio shows for 3 years, and loved hearing stories.
· A company that sold headbands for $20 hired Bob. They created a short video with a story about the headband. They created a brand because of this story; it became an 8 figure business.
· What Bob loves about the facebook platform, is it allows you to combine marketing fundamentals with stories and that’s what really makes a great facebook campaign. It is the ability to connect those in a really meaningful way with your audience.
· Bob always advises his clients to become a personality, and personable as much as you can.
· The advantage of using facebook ads, is you can pull someone into your world with value and start to track them. You’re giving the prospect some breathing space, until they feel ready to do business with you.
· When people raise their hand and say they are interested, you give them opportunities to engage with you and that is where the calls to action go.
The reason people would choose facebook over google, is because google is mainly for someone who has a problem, whereas facebook is where people go and settle in.
When it comes to paid facebook ads, the first thing you need to know is how your organic marketing got you to where you are within your business, and then facebook ads will amplify that.
Once you know your target audience, you model that and create a look alike audience. Since you are giving facebook a blueprint of the audience that follow and invest in you facebook will then find more of those people, and you can then draw them to the media that you feel most comfortable.
Bob continues, when it comes to business, it’s all about relationships. Noone wants to invest their money into shallow relationships. SO if you are going to do a product launch, you need to build up your following months in advance, shower content on your followers and prove your value. Paid advertising is a way to get a following faster, but you still need to have the goods.
Facebook ads are more for those with higher complex services or products. They need to build a long term platform to turn followers and prospects into customers.
Taking opportunities and understanding what are the right opportunities. You get to a point in your business where you have scaled it to a certain point. Getting to write a book that took 19 months of his life writing, how can he best take his opportunity?
He has a lot of opportunities coming to him but he has to make difficult decisions about turning away clients that he would have normally taken because he doesn’t have time. In order to promote his book, he had to take time off of helping people, which is a big struggle, because he is a helper by nature.
There are 5 stages of business; Estie likes to deal with the first 3 which are: Launch, growth scale. Just like it is scary to get from launch to growth, from growth to scale it is also scary. The same way from launch to grow you need to narrow, you also need to narrow when you go from growth to scale. However, you need to narrow further. You need to scale on the things that are your super power. If you want to scale, you need to celebrate fear of missing out.
Did you enjoy this episode? Then subscribe to my podcast on iTunes, so you can get automatic updates whenever another episode goes live (and you will be helping me get to #1 on iTunes, making us all cooler in the process!)