I’m really excited to be able to bring you Darius Walker of Be a Fully Funded Missionary this week.
Darius is a missionary and is the author of Be a Fully Funded Missionary and Money for Missionaries. I do need to say that “Darius Walker” is a pen name that he’s chosen to use for security reasons.
I first learned of Darius while looking for some fundraising ideas for a couple friends of mine in Kenya and Australia. When I found Be a Fully Funded Missionary I checked it out and then recommended they check it out. It’s more than a book – it’s a complete guide to raising funds for long-term missions.
[bctt tweet="Take a risk for the Kingdom! Ultimately you have nothing to lose - Darius Walker"]
In this week’s interview you’ll discover:
- What’s unique about Be a Fully Funded Missionary
- How One step at a time has shaped his behavior and how it helped him in everything from learning languages to launching his website
- Why one person’s counsel was proven right, but a year later
- How God used Paul’s letters to get Darius and his family through a difficult season
- How thankful Darius is for the team he works with and why it’s important to ask questions before joining a team
- Four specific things you can do today that will encourage and support a missionary without spending any money
- What D.A. Carson said that has shaped how Darius teaches and preaches
- What one person did that helped Darius and his family as they were raising support
- One thing that does every day that has helps him learn and grow
- Resource recommendation: Lift App (and how it’s helping Darius develop new habits)
- Book recommendation: Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder
- Audible.com (free if you sign up)
- Blinkist.com (summary, free)
- The two things that Darius would do if he was in a new country with nothing but $500 and a computer that you can do at home right now (hint: it doesn’t involve using the computer)
- How you can apply “Take a risk for the Kingdom. Ultimately, you’ve got nothing to lose.” whether you feel called to missions or not
- How you can get a free copy of Called or Crazy by Darius Walker
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Mentioned in this episode:
Consider Partnering with Megavoice Audio Bibiles
Megavoice provides solar-powered audio Bibles to make the Good News accessible to all. Please take a moment to see what they're doing and consider whether they might be a good fit for your giving.
Megavoice Audio Bibles
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Blubrry - https://create.blubrry.com/resources/about-blubrry/privacy-policy