On todays episode I am joined by Founder of Dad La Soul, Relationship Builder, Social Entrepreneur, Writer and Part Time Revolutionary - Dan Flanagan
Ever felt lonely, like you don't have any friends and that being a Dad is solitary? Then you are not alone. Vast amounts of Dads face Social Isolation on a daily basis due a multitude of reasons. Not least the fact that making new friends in adulthood and maintaining those friendship groups and network are not easy. But not impossible.
In my conversation with Dan we discuss:
- How he came to the realisation that he wasn't seeing his son much and was burning out trying to balance commuting into London with his role as a young father.
- The chance meetings he had with people in the aftermath which inspired and motivated him to start putting on Dad and child events that were fun not just for kids but an ideal opportunity for Dads to get together
- The social stigma still attached to Dads attending events by themselves with their children in which it is predominantly Mums or Mums and Dads present
- How men interact in a different way to women and why opening up about how they are doing is better done in an 'activity' setting.
- The future of Dads and Mens organisations uniting together in a network to serve Men from all walks of life
**To grab a FREE copy of my new e-book The Dad Blueprint click here**
**To join my EXCLUSIVE Brotherhood for Dads - The Dads Circle click here**
Get involved and find out more
To get involved with the conversation on social media we are on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
If you want to join the Guild of Dads you can do so via our Facebook Group
Episode show notes can be found on our website
If you like what we are doing, leave a rating and review here