Hopewell Valley Student Podcasting Network
Show Name: Tennis Beyond The Court
Episode Title: 2023 Prediction Winners For Grand Slams
You are listening to Tennis Beyond The Court the podcast with your host Bradley Deeds.
In this episode of Tennis Beyond The Court the Podcast we discuss: The Upcoming tournaments for the year, the grand slam winner predictions, and another epic match of the new year already!.
Segment 1: The Upcoming Tournaments of The Year
- Tennis resumed tournament play on January first 2023
- The United States Cup was the first tournament to come into play
- The next big tournament coming up is the Australian Open after the United States Cup and Adelaide is over.
- The other big tournament that happens after the Australian Open ends is Indian Wells and the Miami open.
- These two tournaments are known as the Sunshine Double tournaments.
Segment 2: The Grand Slam Winner Predictions
- Alex De Minar - Alex is 23 years old from Australian and known as the Aussie Demon
- He is known right now as the fastest guy currently on the pro tour and chases down every single ball even if he does not get it.
- He picked up his first win of the year against Rafael Nadal on his home courts in Brisbane.
- Jannik Sinner - As I said in the last episode, this man is unbeatable at times. When he is feeling himself and striking that ball side to side, there is no stopping him. He has beaten all the top guys including Medvedev, Fritz, Nadal etc.
- Taylor Fritz - I truly believe that Taylor is capable of winning a grand slam this year. In 2022, he had 13 top 10 wins and his game has risen to the next level and most importantly his confidence has launched to what it has to be to compete with the big dogs.
- Nick Kyrgios - Kyrgios came one match short of winning WImbledon last year as he lost to the Wimbledon master Novak Djockvic. Nick’s serve is top 3 best and he is super tough to beat when he gives his full effort and potential.
Segment 3: Epic Match of 2023!
Pick 1 Epic Match:
Who - Cameron Norrie vs Taylor Fritz
What - United States Cup
Where - Brisbane, Australia
When - January 4th, 2023
How - USA vs GB
Cameron Norrie and Taylor Fritz were both at 2-2 in the tie for the teams and once again, this was the deciding match for the Quarterfinals. Taylor Fritz had an 83% first serve percentage and went on to take the first set 6-3. Cameron Norrie is known for his effort and hsi consistency and fought back with his team and the crowd on his side and took the second set 6-4 with an ace to close the set out. After Taylor got broken at 2-1 in the third set, Norrie took initiative and ended up winning the match 6-3 in the third to advance GB to the semi finals of the United States Cup!