Tatsu Tsuchida discusses his experience transitioning from a Japanese-only shop to an all-makes and all-models shop, his marketing strategy, and his experience taking over an existing business. He also discusses the challenges of owning a family business and the importance of having an exit strategy. The episode also includes a tour of Tsuchida's second location.
Tatsu Tsuchida, Toyko Automotive, Costa Mesa and Placentia, CA. Tatu's previous episodes HERE
- Watch Full Video Episode HERE
- (00:00:01) Tatsu Tsuchida talks about his experience owning an all-makes and all-models auto repair shop.
- (00:03:44) Tatsu Tsuchida discusses his marketing strategy for his all-makes and all-models auto repair shop.
- (00:07:44) Tatsu talks about his experience taking over an existing business and the challenge of transitioning to a new team.
- (00:09:34) Tatsu discusses the difficulty of easing immigrant parents out of business and his own exit strategy.
- (00:14:40) Tatsu Tsuchida talks about the inspiration behind the Fast and Furious movies.
- (00:16:03) Tatsu Tsuchida tours his 10,000 square feet auto repair shop in Costa Mesa, California.