Dorothy Illson - Financial Freedom and Generosity (EP.10)
On today’s episode we welcome Dorothy Illson, host of The Do Well and Do Good Podcast. The show is focused on talking to guests who have achieved a level of financial freedom and use that opportunity to give back in some way. So Dorothy’s show is not all that different from ours here at Causepods, as she is highlighting great causes and the people behind them.
In our conversation, we cover the beginnings of the podcast and how Dorothy got started in the podcasting world. We then go on to chat about her business and how she manages her time between all of her different commitments. Dororthy tells us about the lessons she has learned and hurdles she has faced in this role, and really stresses the value she sees in consistency and sticking to plans and deadlines. We also find time to get a few tips from Dorothy for any hopeful Cause Podcasters out there! For a great chat with a wonderful guest, be sure to tune in!
• How Dorothy got started with her podcast. (03:21)
• Finding time for running a business and hosting the show. (05:31)
• Making the most of time and respecting deadlines. (07:13)
• Why Dorothy chose to use audio and the podcast format for her cause. (08:54)
• The initial hurdles that Dorothy faced on her podcasting journey. (10:32)
• The importance of consistency and the vital role it has played in Dorothy’s success. (12:11)
• Dorothy’s favorite story from her series so far. (13:40)
• Finding fulfillment through contribution and collaboration. (18:51)
• Dorothy’s advice to someone starting out or looking get started. (22:12)