There are business coaches for shop owners, service advisors, COO’s and managers. But what about technicians? Training events are critical for everyone in your shop, but one on one technician mentoring at your facility is unrivaled. Find out the benefits of bringing a trainer in specifically to teach your team.
Watch the Episode on YouTube
Eric Ziegler, EZ Diagnostic Solutions. Eric’s previous episodes HERE.
Scott Shotton, The Driveability Guys. Scott’s previous episodes HERE.
Tara Topel, Topel’s Service Center Inc. Tara's previous episodes HERE.
Key Talking Points
- After Covid, techs were a bit burnt out on webinars and sitting behind computer screens-they appreciated being able to be hands-on again and in person without having to drive and take up their personal time after hours.
- Pick an area to focus on- like a business coach for your technicians. Start from the ground floor
- Similar to case studies- using cars to teach and diagnose at the same time
- Training- collective education on a subject matter
- Trainer and technician bond when you’re in the shop
- Logistically easier having in house than traveling for training
- Assessments of every technician with 1 trainer
- Fosters open and receptive culture
- The relationship between techs and Scott and owners and Scott is valued and appreciated. He gets to know them and can determine strengths and areas for growth. The collaboration as a team is increased as well.
- Documenting/journaling for technicians to reference past jobs
Connect with the Podcast
Aftermarket Radio Network
Subscribe on YouTube
Visit us on the Web
Follow on Facebook
Become an Insider
Buy me a coffee
Check out today's partners:
More Time. More Profit. Shop-Ware Shop Management getshopware.com