Did you wake up the morning of December 31 and wonder what happened to last year?
I know that’s the way I felt December 31, 2014. I had spent the year dabbling, learning, watching from the side lines, dreaming, wishing, and generally NOT doing. I had a semi-productive year at best.
But I vowed that 2015 would be different. But I didn’t just hope and pray it would be different, I took specific action to make it different.
I created a music business plan. I searched my mind and soul to create a plan I knew would focus my attention, increase my effectiveness and at least double my productivity. I had to do a deep dive into my fears, limiting beliefs and feelings of inadequacy that were holding me back. I had to be willing to make long term and short term commitments. And above all, I had to sit down in a quiet room and put pen to paper and create a blueprint that I would follow.
When I look back over the year, I know that 80% of my success is due to this one activity, and the follow through it took to stick to the plan.
Double Your Productivity & Profit In The Next 90 Days
Grab your SMART Goals Workbook so you can:
Double your productivity by knowing exactly what to work on when.
Double your profit by focusing on tasks that actually make you money.
Success! Here's the link to the training video. https://youtu.be/nYIWx4FXE-M
Create Your Music Business Plan For This Year
I remember when I finally took my music career seriously and did this same kind of exercise. It was career-changing. And that’s what I want for you. So listen to this Podcast. I go through each of these points one by one and give some personal examples of how I created my plan and how you can do the same. Here’s what we’ll cover:
1. What are your core values?
2. Determine your top 5 Goals for 2016
3. Make sure your calendar reflects your goals – your day is your week is your month is your year.
4. In what areas do you need to be more consistent? What would you need to be more consistent in these areas?
5. What crucial activities are you not doing because of fear? What limiting beliefs are holding you back?
6. How can you avoid negative thinkers and complainers who want to wallow instead of figuring out a way around it or through it? Let’s talk affirmations and visualizations.
7. Mentors & role models. Find at least 1 mentor who has done what you want to do. Find at least 3 role models who are on the road to where you want to go.
8. Make 3 long term commitments that require discipline and create habits that will boost your overall health, energy level and outlook on life.
9. Find the 20% of activities that produce 80% of results. Identify them and do more of them
10. From the other 80% above, create your stop doing list.
Bree Noble is an entrepreneur, musician and speaker. She founded Women of Substance Radio, an online radio station that promotes quality female artists in all genres, in 2007. She launched the Women of Substance Music Podcast in November 2014, a 5 day per week show which promotes Independent female artists. Her podcast has hit #1 in New & Noteworthy for the Music, Arts and Society & Culture categories and #4 Audio Podcast on all of iTunes. She draws on her extensive experience running her own music business, both as a solo musician and as an Industry professional, to train and mentor other female musicians. Learn more about the station, the show and the artists atwww.wosradio.com. Connect with Bree on Twitter @BreeNoble or on Facebook or on Instagram @breenoblemusic