Finding the right beat, at the right price, and knowing you are getting the right deal is something every new podcaster goes through. It is one of the first significant issues many people launching a podcast have to go through, and its usually in the dark.
Most podcasters are not familiar with the music licensing industry and get an education on it very quickly to make sure they set up the show for success.
Today on the podcast, we are talking with the co-founders of Songs For Podcasting who are bringing a flashlight to the process and helping podcasters find the right beat, at the right price, and making sure they are protected. Our conversation goes into the weeds of this issue and what podcasters need to know before picking that first beat.
· What is Songs For Podcasters and why did it open its doors (0:34)
· Why is music licensing with podcasting so unique in the industry (1:42)
· Why is it essential that podcasters don’t just pirate mainstream music for a podcast (4:15)
· What new record labels are getting on board with providing music for podcasting (5:47)
· Will, we ever see mainstream musicians make music available for use on podcasts (7:03)
· How can you avoid getting hit with copyright infringement (9:49)
· What does a podcaster need to know about royalties as a podcast grows (11:40)
· How do you make sure your media license grows with your podcast (12:44)
· Is it required to update your old music licenses as your podcast grows (16:00)
· What do podcasters need to know before they start searching on Songs For Podcasters (18:40)
· Is it better for the production company to own the copyright or the podcast host (19:57))