How you answer key questions at the beginning and end of an interview can be crucial to your success in the job search. I like to refer to these as interview bookends – and most people don’t know how to approach them.
“If there are two questions that give people the most heartburn during an interview – it’s the questions that I call the bookends, they are ‘tell me about yourself’ and ‘why should we hire you’. We all know they’re coming.” -Elissa Shuck, LYWL Ep. 44
In this episode, we’ll break down each question and get some insight into the hiring manager’s perspective. You’ll discover what to include in your responses (as well as what not to include) and how to present it all in a way that is authentic and compelling.
Control Your Career Subscription Membership: Support for SURVIVING career challenges and resources for creating a THRIVING career ::
- On-Demand Courses
- Live Coaching and Q&A Events
- Actionable lessons, guides and workbooks
- Tips for navigating toxic cultures, teams and people
- Handle micromanaging leaders and difficult coworker relationships
- Move forward when you feel stuck, bored or under-whelmed
- Identify and leverage your true value
- Get promotions, elevate your contribution and make moves
- Develop key skills like leadership, team development and communication
Free resources on my YouTube Channel
To learn more about me, visit my website and follow me on LinkedIn and don't forget to leave us a review!