GotTechED the Podcast
Episode #131: Edtech Tools to Support “Hot Topic” Questions in Education
Welcome back to GotTechED the podcast this is Episode 131 called “Edtech Tools to Support “Hot Topic” Questions in Education”. In this episode, we’ll dive back into the GotTechEd Inbox as we answer some of our favorite listener questions of the past few months. We’ll discuss a variety of topics including AI, creativity tools, video resources for schools, and community engagement. This is another episode you don’t want to miss, check it out.
Segment 1: Updates
- Iste Philadelphia
- NJECC Conference is March 7th (Tuesday in person) and March 8th (Wednesday remote)
Segment 2: Questions in Education
- AI is a hot topic in education right now. What are your thoughts or concerns about AI in education?
- Last episode was all about CANVA, are there any other creative tools that you use?
- DALL-E 2
- https://vocalremover.com/fetc fet
- Teachers are hellabusy and in my mind this sometimes leads to teachers missing out on opportunities to engage their students. What is one form of teaching that you feel is underutilized?
- EdPuzzle - often has full length videos (put one question at the end that requires Ss to watch the whole thing)
- SchoolTube - not blocked by school’s safety filters
- What are ways to engage students in a larger school community?
- Photo Contest
- School Wide Points-Based Game
- Public Service
- Choose a non-profit to support
- I’ve got a lesson coming up on important Cold War era figures that is so boring. What is a creative way to engage students and make this seem relevant and important?
- Google Slides or Canva trading cards (design the template, force copy to students, brief presentations. Make it sports themed or anime themed, offer both. Include things that typical cards have like XP, special skills, attack/defense/speed/intelligence ratings. Not all have to make sense.
- Mystery Person Party- Give students a list of people to research. Secretly assign each student one person to portray. Host an in-class party where students try to guess who the person is. Each student gets to ask another student one yes or no question per round and then guess the name of the person.
Segment 3: Where to Find GotTechED
Do us 3 favors
- Subscribe to GotTechED the Podcast
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Write us an Apple Podcast Review!
- Tell your friends about www.gotteched.com
- Tell your friends about the Teach Better Podcast Network
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
Join the Conversation and our PLN
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our Facebook Group Page.
Need a Presenter?
As experienced presenters and content creators, you can contact Nick and Guise to speak at your school, event, or conference. They can customize a workshop that meets your organization’s unique time and content needs. While no topic is out of bounds, GotTechED is best known for sessions on:
- 1:1 Chromebook Integration
- EdTech Throwdown
- TargetED Learning
- Gamification (Badge Systems)
- Game-Based Learning (Escape Rooms, Amazing Race, and more)
- Google apps and extensions
- Personalized learning and Choice Boards
- Teacher productivity (Lesson Planning, Online Grading. and Feedback)
- Digital content creation
- Student Podcasting
- Flipped Classroom
- Student-Centered Learning