Today, my guest is Steph Tuss. Steph is the CEO of a company called Light Is Now, a consulting company that works with small firms and businesses, including law firms, to help them grow, prosper, and to give time back to those who are leading those endeavors to live their best life. We had her business partner, David Neagle, on last year and I wanted to have Steph on because she has more of the hands-on, tactical role in their company, whereas David is the more visionary individual, and so I wanted to kind of complete the picture with her. She gives some great tips and you will get some great takeaways.
In this episode, Neil and Steph discuss:
- Understanding why you don’t do the things you know you need to do.
- Utilizing an integrator in your business to focus on your areas of genius.
- Putting dissatisfaction into action.
- Working with your team not controlling and micromanaging.
- There are two parts to change: awareness and applying new behaviors.
- If you don’t hire the right people, it will be harder for your business to succeed. Your team is only as good as your worst player.
- Set your team up for success from the beginning. Until you have the right things in your business, you don’t know if you are stifling your A-Players.
- Be willing to pay for one person who can do the jobs you need done well, rather than spending less on multiple people who will do it less well.
"You've got to start employing new behaviors because that's the only way that change actually occurs. If you just have the awareness, nothing changes, nothing happens. You have to show up differently, which means you have to act differently." — Steph Tuss
Get in touch with Steph Tuss:
Successful Mind Podcast: https://www.successfulmindpodcast.com/
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Ruby Receptionist - Virtual receptionist & live call services that will help you grow your office (and save money), one call at a time - to learn more, go to https://get.ruby.com/TLE or call 844.311.7829
- The Net Profit CFO - Ryan Kimler works with attorneys who want to enjoy higher net profits without working longer or harder. With just 9 Simple Numbers, Ryan will help you drive more profit to your bottom line-and he won't confuse you with all the details! Connect with Ryan at www.netprofitcfo.com.
Get in touch with Neil:
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You're the expert. Your podcast will prove it.