Joseph is a multifamily investments specialist, leading group acquisitions of over $15MM in real estate and providing asset management services to a portfolio of 253 units and growing.
Joseph is a former lieutenant in the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) and over 17 years of leadership experience in the software industry, 12 of which working for publicly traded companies such as GameStop, Retalix (NCR) and JCPenney which enhanced his business acumen, analytical skills and “big picture” perspective, all skills that he leverages to maximize efficiency in the real estate business.
In his last IT role as a Senior Software Development Manager, Joseph led five software engineering teams and was responsible for the on-time and on-budget delivery of a multiple software products that contributed directly to the company’s multi-million dollar bottom line. Joseph is now dedicated 100% to real estate.
Joseph has a B.S. in Information Systems Engineering and is also currently enrolled with Texas A&M MBA program (part time program).
Joseph began his real estate investing back in 2005, when he purchased with his wife Rita their first investment property in Israel.
In 2007 Joseph & Rita relocated to Plano, Texas and in early 2008 started their US real estate investment journey with the purchase of a duplex in Plano. Since then they grew their portfolio and strengthened their equity positions in multiple single family properties.
In early 2015 Joseph began his multifamily journey and not long after led the successful acquisition of a 22 unit multifamily property in Celina Texas. In 2017 Joseph led the successful acquisition of a 130 units in two multifamily properties in Lubbock Texas and has been serving as the asset manager for all three communities since.
Joseph’s next steps are closing on a 97 apartments community, which is under contract at the moment which will strengthen EBG’s presence in the city and will increase operations efficiency for all properties and to continue to lead the acquisitions of even more multifamily communities in the Texas secondary markets with the goal of acquiring and managing an asset base of 1500 units or more by the end of 2018.
Recently multiple family offices have been reaching out to Joseph exploring collaboration opportunities in the markets they operate in.
- Assessing risk and building your portfolio around your risk tolerance
- Building your team, starting with a property manager
- The mentality of transitioning into multifamily investing
- The details of Joseph’s first multifamily deal – a 22 unit apartment community
- Your first deal attracts the next
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Breaking into the multifamily space. Joseph was able to backdoor the process by gettingpre=approved with lenders and having those lenders vouch to brokers.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Joseph doesn’t have an off switch
- Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- If you were to give advice to your 20 year old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Skip single family properties and go straight to multifamily.
Visit Audible for a free trail and free audio book download!
The Real Estate College Fund by Joseph Gozlan