Physical/Cyber Convergence - Live from Dubai w/Brian Seeley & Nathan Swain
This week Phelim goes to Dubai to attend GISEC - an actual live, in-person cybersecurity event! That’s right, folks. It’s not a typo. So… is this a sign that things are returning to normal or are we jumping the gun here, people?
Listen in to find out how it all went as Phelim chats with two of the top speakers from the event. One is a U.S. Marine, Brian Seely, who is the only person EVER to hack into and wiretap the U.S. Secret Service and FBI. And the other, Nathan Swain has a list of equally exciting roles, including having safeguarded the virtual vaults of the Bank of England as its former Lead Cyber Security Advisor.
Find out more about our esteemed guests and the behind the scenes knowledge and wisdom they shared on this week’s episode!
Nathan Swain is a Senior Security Advisor and former Security Advisor to the UK Government, former CISO ADSS, and former Lead Cyber Security Advisor to the Bank of England. In this segment, we talk about:
· Industry snobbery and the Technorati
· The current state of play with cyber convergence in the Middle East
· Information security, is it another string on the bow for a physical security specialist or is it a leap into a whole different industry?
Bryan Seely is a world-renowned hacker, cybersecurity expert, author and former U.S. Marine. Seely became one of the most famous hackers in 2014 when he became the only person ever to wiretap the United States Secret Service and FBI.
· What it means to be a renaissance man
· Taking lessons from Marcus Aurelius with the aim to be more humble
· And Brian's top tip for bodyguards – You won’t want to miss this one!
Leave Some Feedback:
• What should we talk about next? Who should we interview? Please let us know in the comments below
• Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.