It is with great pleasure that I have Davina Frederick in the program today. She is the host of the fabulously popular podcast called The Wealthy Woman Lawyer, and the title describes exactly what the podcast is all about. She is an attorney herself and is a coach to many solo and small firm practitioners who are looking to grow their practice. So she's a perfect fit for the law entrepreneur. We have a great conversation today, and I think you’ll enjoy it too.
In this episode, Neil and Davina discuss:
- Pioneering having a virtual law firm before it was commonplace.
- The trend in the legal industry to products, not just services.
- Merging marketing, coaching, and legal to build a successful law firm.
- Building your client based through attraction, not hunting.
- Listen to your clients. They know what they need and want out of their law firm service.
- Technology has advanced to allow you to work from anywhere at any time. This gives a lot of flexibility and freedom to all lawyers, particularly women.
- You need to understand who your client is and where they hang out (not just physically, but also where they are on social media and what they are reading).
- If you need better systems, you need to understand what, exactly, you are looking for with those systems.
"A system is a certain, systematic way of doing is a certain way of doing things in a repeatable fashion and with consistent, repeatable results. You can plug in different people, and they should be able to accomplish the same thing in the same way. It's a process, we can apply people to systems and we can apply automation to systems or we can apply both of them." — Davina Frederick
Get in touch with Davina Frederick:
Books and Other Resources: https://www.wealthywomanlawyer.com/products/
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Ruby Receptionist - Virtual receptionist & live call services that will help you grow your office (and save money), one call at a time - to learn more, go to http://ruby.com/ or call 844.311.7829
- The Net Profit CFO - Ryan Kimler works with attorneys who want to enjoy higher net profits without working longer or harder. With just 9 Simple Numbers, Ryan will help you drive more profit to your bottom line-and he won't confuse you with all the details! Connect with Ryan at www.netprofitcfo.com.
Get in touch with Neil:
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You're the expert. Your podcast will prove it.