You are listening to the Introductory Gaming podcast with your host(s) Duke and Yash.
This is episode 2 of our 5-episode journey. Today’s episode will talk about one of the most popular PlayStation exclusives, Spider-Man. Spider-Man is one of the most popular characters in Marvel, so we just had to include him in our agenda. This podcast will detail what the game is about, the fundamentals of how to play, and we will even partake in rounds of trivia. We got Anish on this episode, and Josh is also back. They will most likely be here for the next 5 episodes. Be sure to check him out on Spotify at Fantasy Football Fanatics.
For our first segment, we'll briefly overview the game Spider-Man. There have been 2 Spider-Man games in the past 4 years, but we will only be talking about the first one. The first Spider-Man game was released as a PlayStation exclusive on September 7, 2018. This game has many accolades as at the 2018 Gamers’ Choice Awards it won Fan Favorite Action Game, Fan Favorite Single Player Gaming, and even Fan Favorite Character of the Year. Marvel’s Spider-Man is an open-world third-person action-adventure game, in which the gamer can play as Peter Parker. You can play his superhero identity of Spider-Man to fight crime in New York City. I’m going to pass it over to Duke so he can explain the storyline a bit more in-depth.
In this segment, we will be playing a minigame with our guests. The minigame that is featured in this episode will be trivia. Yash will go through a series of questions, and Anish, Josh, and I will compete to get the correct answers. The person with the most points at the end of this segment will be the winner. The twist is that bonus points will be rewarded through a series of challenges. The trivia questions will test the guests’ knowledge on the entirety of the character, not just the game. For the people who are listening, feel free to answer the questions with us and see how extensive your knowledge is about our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.
Before I proceed with the questions, I wanted to recap the trivia leaderboard to let you guys know who is at the top. Anish is at the top of the leaderboard with 2 wins, but Josh is catching up because he just won the last episode. Duke on the other hand is having a little bit of trouble. Maybe he can turn that around in this episode.
In this segment, we will just voice our opinion of the game.
---Rate it or Hate it
Well, that’s it for our episode, so we’ll see you in the next one, buh bye.
1. When was the Spider-Man game released to the public?
2. In the first Spider-Man movie from 2002, what company were the board members of Oscorp going to sell Oscorp to?
3. Who voices Spider-Man in the first video game?
Ans: Rise of Skywalker, Solo: A Star Wars Story, and The Last Jedi
4. The movie Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse was released the same year that the Spider-Man game came out. You guys will receive one point for every version of Spider-Man from that movie you can name.
5. When Tobey Maguire’s Spider-Man enters the cage match, what name did he pick.
6. Finish this line: “With great power comes…”
7. The symbiotes are a species that bond with hosts, but what is the actual name of their species?
8. We’re going to take a big step back into the past to the Spider-Man game originally released for PS1 and Nintendo 64. I want to know which one of these villains was introduced for the first time in the game.
Ans: The Crimson Shadow
9. What villain does J. Jonah Jameson’s son become?
10. There was a girl who was bitten by the same radioactive spider that bit Peter Parker. What is her name?