Mistakes are portals of discovery.
We all make mistakes. We all can learn from our own mistakes and the mistakes of others. In this session of The DancePreneuring Studio, I talk about the mixed emotions that came up as I attended East Meets West International Dance Festival at UC Irvine, my alma mater.
- It's a mistake to not make things convenient for others such as parking for an event.
- It's a mistake to not prepare for more than less, such as food, seats, materials, etc.
- It's a mistake to not have some sort of balance or harmony within choreography, a project, etc. I found the ballet piece in this production a bit long for my tastes in comparison to the other pieces, and it made me think that ballet was boring, which I never thought before.
- It's a mistake to not think that everything is perspective. Art is subjective.
- It's a mistake to not amplify the positive. I had mixed feelings attending this because it reminded me of when I quit dance, the people that judged me, etc. The positive that I amplified is that I got to experience the art form that I am so passionate about, the costumes, experiencing cultural dance, being with a dear friend of mine, and the 2 pieces that stood out to me Mountain Souls by Shanghai Normal University and King's Soldiers by Nanjing University of the Arts.
Links/Info from this session:
Get my FREE Audio Resource
University of California Irvine Dance Department
Would you review The DancePreneuring Studio?
I would be extremely appreciative if you would subscribe and leave your feedback on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher Radio. It really helps if you do it through the native Apple Podcast App on your smart device. Thanks so much!