Today I am joined by Neurodevelopmental Psychiatrist in ASD and ADHD, TEDx Speaker, blogger vlogger, and Mental Health Expert, Dr Khurram Sadiq.
With more and more children receiving Autism Diagnosis and many more awaiting a formal diagnosis, it can be a traumatic time. Not only for the child going through it but for the parents who have to get to grips with parenting, getting the correct to support and navigating a system that is both confusing and overwhelming.
In my conversation with Khurram we discuss the following:
- How many parents of autistic children want to help but feel powerless to do so.
- Why getting interventions in place at an early age can have a massive impact on the long term outcomes for later life.
- The importance of managing transitions throughout an autistic child's school life.
- How parents often go through a bereavement process when their child is diagnosed
- A number of tips and tricks to help with diagnoses and getting the right support at the right time.
🔥 If you want to join the Guild of Dads 🤝 you can do so via our Facebook Group
🔥 To grab a FREE copy of my e-book 📖 The Dad Blueprint click here
🔥 To buy me a Coffee ☕ click here
Get involved and find out more
To get involved with the conversation on social media we are on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
Episode show notes can be found on our website
If you like what we are doing, leave a rating and review here