By lifting those who are at the metaphoric bottom, we take everybody who is above them as well and lift everybody up.
We do not deny the sadness. We're not running away from it. We're using tools like mindfulness to non-judgmentally accept where we're at and then allow it to be a moment and then move on to the next.
- Alex Conway
Alex Conway, a passionate activist and graduate of Brown University, strives to help members of the LGBTQ+ community who feel shame and lack support by combining evidence-based Western psychology with Eastern philosophy to create a space of connection, inspiration, and compassion.
A dedicated activist, author, and founder of LGBTQ Joy, is joining us to share his wisdom and experience. A graduate of Brown University, Alex has devoted the last decade of his life to serving as a clinical psychologist. Through his work with marginalized communities, he developed a specialized coaching practice that helps individuals feel seen, connected, and inspired to be their best versions.
Drawing on his background in both Western psychology and Eastern philosophy, Alex focuses on helping clients find joy and happiness by embracing their unique identities and experiences.
In this episode, you'll:
- Discover the synergy of Western and Eastern psychology for a more comprehensive approach to mental well-being. Uncover strategies for addressing core personal needs and mental health within the LGBTQ+ community.
- Harness the power of self-compassion and mindfulness to develop a more genuine
- Learn how personalized coaching can lead to more satisfying and effective self-improvement journeys. Empower yourself by understanding systemic issues and building resilience for a stronger sense of self.
The key moments in this episode are:
- 00:00:05 - Introduction
- 00:01:02 - Introduction of Alex Conway
- 00:04:27 - The Impact of Hidden Stigmas
- 00:09:49 - Self-Compassion
- 00:13:11 - Alex's Journey and Mission
- 00:18:41 - The Power of Mindfulness
- 00:21:38 - Introducing Mindfulness
- 00:26:57 - Helping Individuals Feel Seen
- 00:33:02 - Mind-Body-Spirit Connection
- 00:37:20 - Offering More Joy and Support to the LGBTQ+ Community,
- 00:38:00 - Connect with Alex
Connect with Alex:
Alex's profile in the Mindful Coach Association:
And you can find his website at https://lgbtqjoy.com
Connect with Brett:
Are you a coach or helping professional that values mindfulness in your work? Join The Mindful Coach Association, where you can make a free listing for your services and be invited to community meetings where you can meet your colleagues.
You can find out more about my work at The Mindful Coach.
For linked in, facebook, blog, and online content and connections, see