Join us as our hosts, Tim and Mike, talk to Marina Simonian and Joshua Herzig-Marx. Marina is a product professional with almost 20 years of experience in designing and launching successful products, primarily in the healthcare systems and digital health industry. She has worked with teams of various configurations, locations, backgrounds and styles, and over the years has honed in on the fact that vision driven development is critical for delivering true value and aligning teams around a common goal. Joshua has been the first product leader at very early stage organizations for the past 15 years, running product at Gasbuddy, Catalina Digital, Alyce, and Brigit. He’s recently stepped back from salaried work to be primary parent and when not making lunches, scheduling doctor’s appointments, and helping with homework, he coaches founders and solo PMs in product management and general management. Learn more on his website: https://joshua.herzig-marx.com
In this episode we discuss how startup leaders can successfully communicate company vision to product and engineering.
- What is a company vision and why is it important to communicate it to the technical teams.
- How to recognize when different teams are aligned on the company vision.
- How to motivate employees at an early-stage company when the vision is still being formed.
- When it’s time to adjust the company’s vision.
- How to tell when a company’s vision is “working”