Vani Hari is basically the food version of Carmen Sandiego. She’s like a detective, going after all the big food businesses and pulling back the curtain to show people what’s actually going into their food and informing them in order to rally around making change. We need more people like her in the world, because if we don’t start fighting back on what’s in our food, nobody else is going to do it for us. We talk about what inspired her to start her blog Food Babe, what you need to know about your foods, and how you can get your kids eating healthy.
You will learn about...
- How Vani’s childhood inspired her to start Food Babe
- Asking questions about the food that you’re eating
- Standing up against the big food companies
- Why the government is not going to save us
- The three ingredients you should ask about every food you eat
- How our children pick up our food habits
- Voting with your wallet
- Tips for parents to get their kids eating healthy
Connect with Kelly:
Be Well By Kelly is a production of Crate Media
Mentioned in this episode:
Be Well Protein Powder
Grass-fed protein powder with organic monkfruit extract, organic cacao & vanilla, and NOTHING else. Get $5 off your order at bewellbykelly.com with promo code 'PODCAST5'.