Craig Van Batenburg, AMAM, is the CEO of Automotive Career Development Center [ACDC] and a former repair shop owner. His wife Deb is his partner and vice-president. Craig is engaged full time in the understanding of the technology used in hybrid and electric cars. His 45 years of automotive experience serves him well.
- Hybrid training since 2000
- EV training since 2008
- Original Episode 116, May 2016. Previous Episodes HERE.
- Deb writes for AutoInc magazine.
- Craig believes in zero emissions and that climate change is real.
- Technician/students at the high school and college level must learn to work on hybrid and electric cars.
- The transition from ICE,( Internal Combustion Engine) will happen faster than anyone knows. The driver for change will be the cost of a barrel of oil
- Electric vehicles need to get 300-400 range on one charge and only 15 minutes to recharge. That will be a boon for electric vehicles.
- Since 60 Volts will kill you; training on how to handle 400 Volt vehicles is a requirement.
- FEAR Factor: False Evidence Appearing Real.
- The Future; 30 Years Out:
- Craig wrote an article for AutoInc Magazine titled: “When the Industry Goes All-Electric” (Page 18) Link HERE.
- According to Craig, we will still covet relationships with our customer of the future.
- We will still replace parts in the future and repair some components.
- Today you need 1000 loyal customers to keep one tech busy 52 weeks a year. In the future, Craig believes, you’ll need 10,000 loyal customers to keep one tech busy 52 weeks a year.
- There will be fewer techs and fewer shops.
- EMV: A term Craig created: A combination of electric car, hybrid, hydrogen cell vehicle, a plug-in hybrid.
- Deb and Craig support foster care. Their dream is to get every kid in foster care adopted.
- Craig wants to have his business inherited by his team.
Auto Career Development Center (ACDC) Website.
Be socially involved and in touch with the show:
Facebook Twitter Linked In Email Events Speaking
This episode is brought to you by Federal-MogulMotorparts and Garage Gurus. With brands like Moog, Felpro, Wagner Brake, Champion, Sealed Power, FP Diesel and more, they’re the parts techs trust. For serious technical training and support – online, onsite and on-demand – Garage Gurus is everything you need to know. Find out more at fmmotorparts.com and fmgaragegurus.com
Download the Remarkable Results Radio listening APP for your smart device: