My guest today is Corey Kupfer. Corey is an attorney that deals with mostly high-level business law, mergers, acquisitions, deal-making, and all that good stuff. But he’s also a highly sought-after and well-recognized content creator in the area of deal-making, has authored a book, and is the host of the very popular DealQuest Podcast. We have a broad discussion today about how he entered the practice of law, how he built his business, and about one of his passion projects - bringing diversity into the legal, entrepreneurial, and business development spaces. To Corey, diversity is more than just a buzzword, it is something that he lives fully and completely every day. I hope you enjoy it.
In this episode, Neil and Corey discuss:
- Looking at negotiations as the start of a relationship.
- AI in the legal industry.
- Creating authority with content and authority marketing.
- Living authentically and the business case for diversity.
- There are always deals that are happening, they are just going to be different during a recession or other hard times.
- It takes a conscious effort and plan to expose yourself to different groups, get comfortable in circles not of your own, and to put yourself out there.
- You will make mistakes. Continue to learn, continue to grow, and learn to apologize when you are in the wrong.
- If you are writing a book, make sure you aren’t writing an article with 150 extra pages. Write your book with the intention of sharing the information you don’t want to take with you to the grave that can help better serve your audience.
"It takes more than an openness, it takes a conscious effort and plan to get yourself out there and expose yourself more to different groups, learn cultures, get comfortable, and build trust. The best way that we grow our businesses is that we build trust and more and more people who feel comfortable with us will give us business in return." — Corey Kupfer
Get in touch with Corey Kupfer:
DealQuest Podcast: https://www.coreykupfer.com/podcast
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Ruby Receptionist - Virtual receptionist & live call services that will help you grow your office (and save money), one call at a time - to learn more, go to https://get.ruby.com/TLE or call 844.311.7829
- The Net Profit CFO - Ryan Kimler works with attorneys who want to enjoy higher net profits without working longer or harder. With just 9 Simple Numbers, Ryan will help you drive more profit to your bottom line-and he won't confuse you with all the details! Connect with Ryan at www.netprofitcfo.com.
Get in touch with Neil:
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You're the expert. Your podcast will prove it.