This episode discuss Phase 2 of the Match and how you should approach it similarly and differently than Phase 1. We also hear a prior conversation with Dr. Legg, who previously navigated Phase 2.
Topics we discuss:
- Phase 2 introductions and timeline
- Prior experience with Phase 2
- What your mindset should be going into Phase 2
- How you should approach Phase 2 differently than Phase 1
This episode's take-aways:
- Phase 2 is a very condensed version of Phase 1 (occurs over the period of ~3 weeks). As such, most interviews will be conducted virtually or over the phone.
- Get applications in ASAP during Phase 2. The earlier the better.
- Keep a positive mindset throughout. Check out our episodes of what to do if you don't match in Phase 1 and what to do if you don't match in Phase 2.
- Hear the approach from Dr. Rachel Legg from a prior conversation we had.
- Consider expanding your geographical limitations and carefully consider the competition of the programs you are applying to
- Have backup plans during Phase 2
- If you plan to pursue Phase 2, early and often communication with your mentor or faculty member, as well as reference is critical to your success as you navigate Phase
Check out our website and sign-up to join the SASO (separate and stand out) squad. Check out our blog. If you like the show, support us by telling your friends or colleagues about it. You can also support us by clicking the coffee button on the website and buying us a cup of coffee or getting yourself some of our premium merch.
Follow us on twitter @PGPharmacist or on Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn @ThePostGraduatePharmacist. What questions did we not answer? What did you think of the show?
Music | "Sweet" by LiQWYD