Today I speak to a mum who was bereaved by their partners suicide and now campaigns for those suffering trauma following birth, is a specialist suicide intervention and prevention trainer along with being Co-Founder of The Paternal Mental Health Alliance – Helen Birch.
With Suicide being the biggest killer of men under the age of 45 and men being three times more likely than women to take their own lives it's a big deal for all men. The highest risk age groups in the 45-49 year old age group usually consists of dads and the impact on those left behind to pick up the pieces is immense.
In my conversation with Helen we discuss:
- The circumstances that let to her partner completing suicide.
- How she wasn't aware of the warning signs when she looks back
- The coping mechanisms that men rely upon in times of crisis that can worsen their mental health rather than improve it
- How we can prepare boys and young men to develop better more healthy coping mechanisms from an early age.
- The changes that need to happen on a societal and governmental level to effect real and lasting change for men going through mental health problems
🔥 If you want to join the Guild of Dads 🤝 you can do so via our Facebook Group
🔥 To grab a FREE copy of my e-book 📖 The Dad Blueprint click here
🔥 To buy me a Coffee ☕ click here
Get involved and find out more
To get involved with the conversation on social media we are on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
Episode show notes can be found on our website
If you like what we are doing, leave a rating and review here