Nick Day is joined on The HR L&D Podcast by Dr. Steve Yacovelli (AKA "The Gay Leadership Dude®") who is an award-winning author, speaker, and catalyst for inclusive leadership - in and out of the workplace.
Dr. Steve Yacovelli is also an entrepreneur, having founded TopDog Learning Group, LLC in 2008, and a thought leader in leadership, diversity, inclusion and belonging, and change management.
Steve and TopDog have worked with Fortune 500 greats like The Walt Disney Company and Bayer to amazing not-for-profits like The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to help clients to grow, develop, expand, and be successful with their corporate learning, change management and diversity and inclusion objectives.
With over twenty-five years’ experience in leadership, strategy, organizational learning, and communication, Steve is a rare breed of professional that understands the power of using academic theory and applying it to the corporate setting to achieve business results.
Steve has also authored two books, including the award-winning "Pride Leadership: Strategies for the LGBTQ+ Leader to be the King or Queen of their Jungle"
Oh, and he’s quite fond of dogs, too – more about that later in the show!
In this “Championing Inclusivity” episode with Dr. Steve Yacovelli on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- How did you become known as "The Gay Leadership Dude?
- Whio are TopDog Learning Group, LLC?
- What has been your biggest failures and successes as a business owner?
- In your view what’s the “secret” to great inclusive leadership?
- How can leaders make workplaces more inclusive?
- What is “the pack”?
- What has been unique about some of the organizational cultures you’ve worked in or with?
- How does one be more resilient in times of change?
- How can one be a more inclusive leader?
- What’s your experience and perspective for LGBTQ+ Leadership?
- Tell us about your book "Pride Leadership: Strategies for the LGBTQ+ Leader to be the King or Queen of their Jungle”
Links highlighted in this “Championing Inclusivity” episode are included below:
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an HR-related vacancy that you would love some specialist human resources recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great HR recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at email@example.com or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast real soon!