Cheryl Campbell, Kemi Arogundade and Husham Khan from ABBLed join me for the first in a special series of podcasts discussing the hot topics that SBLs are dealing with right now.
In Part 1, we're talking all things post-Covid finance and we’re digging into insurance, contracts and lettings aswell as risk management, pupil numbers and contingencies. It’s a good one!
The episode at a glance:
[2:04] – Not sure what ABBLed is about? Cheryl fills us in!
[6:00] – We get stuck in to the detail and talk around all things income and expenditure
[11:10] – We take a closer look at risk management and risk registers and how these tools can help SBLs
[15:40] – We talk about the impact of COVID on staff wellbeing and how we can factor this into budget setting
[27:17] – Husham explains the ABBLEd ratio, how it can be used to measure your school’s exposure to the commercial sector and what this means for your organisation in terms of risk
[32:28] – Cheryl emphasises the importance of an appropriate contingency for your school
[41:50] – We discuss how wide-reaching the role of SBL is and why it’s important that SBLs are involved in strategic discussions
[48:30] – Is there such a thing as COVID-proof finances? The panel forms a conclusion…
[52:18] – Husham sums up the top take-aways from this episode
- Check out the ABBLed website
- Follow ABBLed on Twitter
- Follow Cheryl on Twitter
- Follow Kemi on Twitter
- Follow Husham on Twitter
- BLOG: How to get all staff involved in the financial wellbeing of your school
- BLOG: How to implement a risk management strategy
- PODCAST: 5 Things SBLs need to know about procurement
- BLOG: 5 Management account tips for headteachers
Want to be a guest on the podcast?
Click here to leave me your details and I'll be in touch soon!
· If you haven’t already, make sure you hit subscribe in your podcast player so you don’t miss out on future episodes!
· Or click here if it’s easier!
Get in touch:
You know I love to hear from you so please pop me an email or get in touch on social media to let me know what you think of the show and what you’d like to see in the future!
You can find Laura here…
- Website, Blog & Free Resources