In this episode, I'm joined by Dr. Jeff Rothstein. Dr. Rothstein is a DVM and MBA; he is the founder and Co-President of Mission Veterinary Partners, which operates over 320 clinics in 35 states. Dr. Rothstein has written over 100 articles for various practice management publications, and the accolades and his bio are impressive, to say the least. We discuss the following:
- A brief history of his career; for a more in-depth look, check out the latest VFS podcast (see below).
- The idea and term "wage-flation" and why that's meaningful to veterinary medicine.
- Mentoring and why it's vital in helping younger veterinarians hit production and succeed both financially and professionally.
- Why are veterinarians afraid to fail?
- Various ways to distribute veterinary medicine profits- profit-sharing and/or equity ownership.
- The veterinary shortage might not be a problem for current DVMs and his non-consensus view.
- Is private practice still viable in 2023 and beyond?
- What is the value threshold and hitting exponential growth as a private practice to be more attractive for acquisition?
- His question for me and so much more!
Dr. Rothstein's LinkedIn
VFS Podcast w/Dr. Rothstein
GuardianVets (be sure if you reach out to mention us for 50% off your first month)
APEX Design Build
Shepherd Veterinary Software
Point Grey Veterinary Hospital - Associateship Role HERE
Innovative Veterinary Management Solutions (IVMS)
Job Links from the end of the episode