On Record with Greg Buckley. Greg discusses extended car warranties. You must educate your customer!
Watch Full Video Episode HERE
Greg Buckley, owner of Buckley’s Auto Care
in Wilmington, and Millsboro DE. Greg’s previous episodes HERE
- Extended warranty- used car market has been hot over the last few years. People want a ‘protection’
- What types of companies underwrite policies?
- You must educate the customer on what they already purchased for their vehicle- most contracts are limited
- Ask for a copy of the contract, review it, look for ‘what’s not covered,’ and explain to customer. Additional testing time? Labor? Rust?
- “Do your own warranty” before you fall into the marketing funnel of extended warranties
- Are these customers one and done? Only repairing what is covered and not doing proper maintenance.
- Better margins with OE for warranty claims
- You must have oil change records- regular service receipts
Connect with the Podcast:
Aftermarket Radio Network
Subscribe on YouTube
Visit us on the Web
Follow on Facebook
Become an Insider
Buy me a coffee
Check out today's partner:
Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour