This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- Rick and Joe briefly recap the week of game action for the Montreal Canadiens. Check out the comprehensive post-game reviews for every game at AllHabs.net.
- Brendan Gallagher named 1st star of the week by Joe in his weekly column.
- Roster news - Ben Chiarot suffered a fracture in his right wrist and will be re-evaluated in the coming days. March 11th marked the 25th anniversary of the closing of the Montreal Forum.
- Habs prospect report - Cole Caufield has been nominated for Big Ten Player of the Year. Rocket in action Friday against the Toronto Marlies. Be sure to listen and subscribe to the Press Zone - Montreal.
- Former Canadiens goaltending coach Stephane Waite continued his media tour, sharing some additional information. Shea Weber gives his thoughts on why Carey Price is having more success.
- Interim head coach Dominique Ducharme unveiled a new second line this week, with Tyler Toffoli, Jesperi Kotkaniemi and Brendan Gallagher lining up together.
- NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman expects a "fully normal" season for 2021-2022 that will start on time. He also expects fans to return in greater numbers towards the playoffs. The divisions will return to the standard alignment for next season. The NHL signed a seven-year broadcast and streaming agreement with ESPN.
- The NHL paused the 2019-2020 season on March 12, 2020. A year later, we take a look back.
Segment 2: Let's Talk Special Teams and OT!
- Canadiens assistant coach Alex Burrows had his first media availability this week. Last week we spoke to Isha and Dylan of the Hockey Podcast network about Alex Burrows, this week we hear from Burrows discussing finding out he was going to be an assistant coach of the Canadiens and some insight into the importance of Shea Weber on the Canadiens power play.
- What's wrong with the Canadiens in extra time? The Habs are now 0-7 in overtime and the shootout. Last week we heard from Jeff Petry about the Canadiens defensive zone coverage in three-on-three overtime, this week the defenceman spoke about the possession plan in OT.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- All Habs Fantasy Hockey update
- Social media reactions
- Listener's calls and text
Canadiens Connection On Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Get The Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Canadiens Connection” from Rocket Sports Radio on your favorite podcast app and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on apps including:
And don't be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!