Hosts Taylor and Sean give tips on how to successfully start off your Advance Pharmacy Practice Rotations (APPE's).
- Send an email 2 weeks prior to the start date to ask about expectations, where to go, what to bring, what to do before you start.
- Consider asking about research or medication use evaluation opportunities that are extra and available
- Arrive 15 minutes early, the last thing you want is to show up late day one.
- Study up on some brand generics for your setting or practice site. Try to learn some medical jargon so you can know what's going on.
- Bring something to write with, stay engaged throughout the first day, ask questions at appropriate times.
- If you do not have an orientation, that does not mean there are not expectations for how you do the first day.
Check out our website for more information, blog posts, and ways to join the SASO community and support us!
Follow us on twitter @PGPharmacist or on Facebook and Instagram @ThePostGraduatePharmacist and leave us your comments or questions that we did not answer.
Music | "Sweet" by LiQWYD