Today’s guest is London based producer, composer, session musician, and sound designer Will Hatton. Will’s main focus is producing and releasing music under the moniker Hush Child, but he’s got an array of other things on his plate as well. He composes for and works with various creative agencies, streams life lo-fi performances, and curates an educational YouTube series called “Inspired By...”. We have a great conversation about staying focused, scheduling your time, reflecting on your results, and stepping up to the plate for your endeavors.
In this episode, we'll dig in on...
- Reflecting on your process
- Fiercely defending and managing your time
- The dangers of taking feedback too literally
- Keeping yourself accountable
- YouTube and the future of learning
- The path of the modern musician
- Going against the dated structure of education
- Staying ahead of social media trends
- Being a session musician from a young age
- From metal to hip hop
- Multiple streams of income and managing finances
- Always learning
- Structuring your day and scheduling
- Running a studio in Brick Lane
Learn More About Will Hatton...
"Inspired By... " YouTube Channel - https://youtube.com/willhatton
Instagram - https://instagram.com/thewillhatton
Website - www.willhattonmusic.com
Listen to Hush Child on Spotify
📢 Our Sponsors 📢
Check out oeksound. The makers of Soothe2 and Spiff!
Sign Up for Complete Producer Network!
Crescendo: The World's First Subscription Mixing Service
Listen to Secret Sonics!
🙏 Support the Show 🙏
Support Progressions on Patreon!
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Affiliate Links (aka Support the Show AND Get Stuff):
Soundflow - Speed up your workflow!
Vanguard Audio Microphones!
Gear I Can't Live Without!
Check out the Progressions Podcast Setup
Riverside.fm - Video Interview Platform
Captivate.fm - Start your own Podcast!
Guest: Will Hatton
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Travis Ference
Theme Music: inter.ference