Each year brings new challenges and opportunities for the renewable energy industry. And 2023 is no different. We spoke with Laura Sherman, President of Michigan Energy Innovation Business Council, about the Michigan EIBC’s energy innovation plans for the next year.
In this episode of Climate Chronicles, Laura highlights what her organization does, her role and route into the industry and what the state of Michigan needs to do to achieve its energy goals by 2030 and 2050.
Michigan Energy Innovation Business Council’s mission is to grow Michigan’s advanced energy economy by fostering opportunities for innovation and business growth, and offering a unified voice in creating a business-friendly environment for the advanced energy industry in Michigan.
They work to build public and political support for advanced energy in Michigan. Their team offers Michigan energy policy expertise and translates member priorities into high-level policy wins that improve the business environment for advanced energy companies in Michigan.
Tune in to hear more about the inner workings of Michigan EIBC from President Laura Sherman.
- Laura’s introduction to the energy industry
- How the EIBC prioritize policy
- The inner workings of the EIBC
- How the EIBC brings communities together
- Who they help
- Laura Sherman – a day in the life
- Big policy issues currently
- The Michigan Healthy Climate Plan
- How the IRA could help the EIBC
- What the state needs to do to hit 2030 and 2050 renewable energy goals
- The EIBC’s 2023 initiative