This episode is about demystifying Amazon for authors. Becky is joined by Alexa Bigwarfe—USA Today Bestselling Author and the Founder/CEO of Write|Publish|Sell—who shares her vast knowledge of Amazon, why it’s an important platform for selling books, and how authors can navigate all of its complex features.
During the episode, Alexa shares:
- A little bit about herself and her work in the world.
- Her author journey and her books, Sunshine After the Storm and Lose the Cape.
- How many books she has written over the last decade.
- Why it’s important for authors to use Amazon.
- Whether or not achieving number one in your category on Amazon is worth chasing.
- The benefits of promotional opportunities available through Amazon and how authors should use them.
- The number of Amazon reviews authors should aim for and how to get more of them.
- Why someone closely associated with an author can’t leave an Amazon review for their work.
- If it’s advantageous to self-publish exclusively through Amazon, or if it’s more worthwhile to expand the distribution of a book.
- Some of the challenges authors are facing with Amazon and how to overcome them.
For our show notes, including action steps and resources, visit: weavinginfluence.com/podcast/episode-109-demystifying-amazon/
Click here to download our new, free resource, Spend This First, and check out some of our blog posts about navigating Amazon: “If You Want to Play Amazon’s Games, You Need to Know the Rules,” “Learning the Importance of Amazon Reviews: A Look at Bestsellers,” and “Bestseller Status is (Not Only) About Ego.”
Please feel free to send a message to Becky at email@example.com to share your thoughts!