Have you been asking yourself whether it is time to sell or buy? It is perfectly normal to be nervous about your money in the current market, which is a result of the 2020 global pandemic.
It is important that you be very careful when making money decisions, especially if they’re not based on data.
In this episode of the Secure Your Retirement podcast, we talk about the current market high and whether you should consider selling. We cover the buy and hold and active management investment philosophies and why you should think of the latter when buying or selling.
In this episode, find out:
● The meaning of the market hitting new highs and why you shouldn’t overthink about the new highs.
● Don’t make investment decisions based on what you see in the news and instead follow data.
● The buy-and-hold investment philosophy and why it’s risky during a market up or down.
● Active management investment philosophy- when to shift from stock market to bonds to cash and vice versa.
● Take the emotions out of the investment equation and instead look at the data.
● Why you shouldn’t necessarily rush to sell based on your feelings and instead wait for the data.
● “Be careful when you read record highs; record high just means that the market has gotten higher than it’s ever been in the past.”- Radon Stancil
● “It’s the media’s job to make these stuff seem exciting while if you just take a step back and look at what’s going on, it’s ideal for the market to be hitting new highs.”- Murs Tariq
● “You don’t want to make a decision off of what’s going on in the news; you want to follow the data as much as possible.”- Murs Tariq
If you are in or nearing retirement and you want to gain clarity on what questions you should be asking, learn what the biggest retirement myths are, and identify what you can do to achieve peace of mind for your retirement, get started today by requesting our complimentary video course, Four Steps to Secure Your Retirement!