In this episode, we have two segments that we're going to weave together both focused on investment theses. At Criterion, one of the most important levers of change, in our opinion, is to look at shaping, reshaping and creating the investment theses that reflect how investors see the future and therefore how they make investments in the present. The first segment is a broad exploration of an investment thesis and how it works, particularly when investing with a gender lens. In the second segment, we explore and an investment thesis we created for the Pacific Island region, with support of the Australian Government and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. This investment thesis has served as a model for how to reframe how investors see value in a region.
- 00:34 - Intro
- 03:40 - What is an investment thesis?
- 04:27 - How does an investment thesis work?
- 09:01 – What does it mean to be a gender lens investor?
- 11:42 – What is the Pacific Rise Program?
- 18:47 – How do we invest in the informal sector?
- 22:55 – How can analyzing gender patterns inform diversification?