People pray like beggars, thinking that they have to do something to earn God's provision. All of God's provision was already provided for us by His son through the cross. As our awareness grows of the residing Holy Spirit, Christ and the Father within us, our attitude of prayer changes from looking to a God apart from us, and realizing that He dwells within us. Our form of prayer begins to be a proclamation of what is already ours. As our Lord taught us, we proclaim “Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done!”
• In the scriptures Christ travailed in prayer there are prayers of appropriation knock the door is open, you ask, and it is yours.
• Prayer initiates with God making all things available to you.
• It is not about praying to a God out there and begging or talking to a God up in heaven, but realizing He is within our heart s
• The Lord’s prayer is a teaching of how to pray. thy Kingdom come thy will be done.
• Check your relationship with the Father, h ow deeply is your relationship with the Father? If you have a relationship with the father like Christ does, he said I only do the things I see the Father do. I only speak what my father speaks.
Matthew 6: 9-13
9 “Pray, then, in this way: ‘Our Father, who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Our Father, who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread. Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask with the wrong motives, so that you may spend what you request on your pleasures.
The Valley of Dry Bones.
Romans 8: 26-27
26 Now in the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know what to pray for as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
31 Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.
27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with
32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how
will He not also with Him freely give us all things?
II Timothy 1:14
14 Protect, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, the treasure which has
been entrusted to you.
27 to whom God willed to make known what the wealth of the glory of this
mystery among the Gentiles is, the mystery that is Christ in you, the hope of
Romans 8: 9, 11
9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of
God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does
not belong to Him.
11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He
who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal
bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
13 But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the
truth; for He will not speak on His own, but whatever He hears, He will
speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.
9 Or what person is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf of
bread, will give him a stone?
16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so
that you may be healed. A prayer of a righteous person, when it is brought
about, can accomplish much.
• You look to the Lord; open y our heart and you receive. that is a definition of prayer
• It is the simple things of talking with God, finding out what His will is.
• Finding out what God wants and when you speak that, It is going to happen.
• We pray with persistence no t because we do not have it. We pray with
persistence because we are receiving what we ask for and want more.
"Our Father who art in Heaven" it is asking the Father that should be our
Prayer; Father your will be done in this situation!
There are prayers of appropriation
: Ask, and keep asking; Seek and keep seeking; Knock and keep knocking
Are you sure what your praying for?
God has spoken to you? Or are you wanting something amiss and asking for that?