We know that you're a high achiever. We know that you want to have a thriving career and a vibrant personal life – and you want to leave a legacy that will last. However, so many of us are focused on the wrong thing – being "successful" – and the actions we are taking today are leading us down the wrong path. We're struggling too, and we're committed to figuring it out so that we can serve you at a higher level. To help, Gene Hammett shares his story: a case study of what happens when you go down the wrong path, lose everything, and then make a course correction. If you pay attention (and then take action), you'll be better prepared to avoid the trap of success and position your business as THE choice for your customers. Join us for our first live event: What: The ONE Thing Goal-Setting Retreat When: November 30th, 2017 - December 1st, 2017 Where: Austin, Texas How: the1thing.com/event
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
Gene suggests you schedule some time to be alone with your thoughts, on a regular basis, and give yourself the space to think about what you want. What path are you on, what impact are you making in the world, and are you living the potential that's inside you?
In this episode you will learn...
- [1:30] How chasing success can lead you into a trap.
- [10:50] ONE myth we were all told about success.
- [20:40] How to position your business as THE choice for your customers.
- [24:40] The 6 principles of emotional connectivity (and how they make you more attractive to your customers).
- [34:05] How to get clarity on your unique promise to your customers.
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- The Kick Ass Guide To Accountability Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar Check out our awesome blog!
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Learn more at GeneHammett.com Listen to Leaders in the Trenches
- Read The Trap of Success: thetrapofsuccess.com
- You know that your financial life is one of the seven most important areas of your life – so we want to tell you about The Perpetual Wealth Strategy. Patrick Donohoe and his team at Paradigm Life specialize in an investment strategy that creates wealth, and they want to share it with listeners of The ONE Thing podcast. If you go to PerpetualWealthStrategy.net, you can download the free report: The Entrepreneur's Hierarchy of Investment. Get your FREE audiobook copy of The Trap of Success! If you enjoy listening to podcasts, you probably also enjoy listening to audiobooks, and that’s why Audible is sponsoring this episode. If you go to audible.com/onething, you can create a free account and get a free credit for your first book, which could be The Trap of Success.
Production & Development for The ONE Thing Podcast by Podcast Masters
Mentioned in this episode:
Don’t get overcharged for razors. Get Harry’s.
Get a $15 Truman Shave trial set for just $3 at harrys.com/ONE.
That’s harrys.com/ONE for a $3 trial set.