If you look at Apple and the products and services they develop and release, you'll see that they're a brand that prioritizes user experience. This principle embodies what Steve Jobs meant when he said, “Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.”
Joining Patrick in today's episode of Guaranteed to Grow is their Chief Product Officer, Derrell Johnson. Together, Patrick and Derrell discuss why UX is critical for your product, examples of brands with excellent UX, the different design methodologies, and some tools you can use for prototyping. Let's dive in!
“There's nothing worse than a product that doesn't work.” -Derrell Johnson
In This Episode:
- When people talk about user experience, what exactly are they referencing?
- The key difference between UI and UX and how they work together
- At what point should people look at user experience when designing products?
- How in-depth should you go with prototypes?
- A look at some companies who have done a great product design
- Waterfall vs. Agile vs. Human Centered Design methodology in product development
- How necessary are product testing and quality assurance in the overall user experience?
- What tools can you use to measure the performance and adoption of a product design?