Yamini Rangan is the Chief Customer Officer with HubSpot.
HubSpot is a leading customer relationship management platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better.
She’s led the marketing, sales, and services teams throughout her career...all focused around the customer.
She is a computer engineer and she chose the topic of Engage.
- Leadership can be taught and can be learned. It's not something that is just for a few people that are born with it.
- The fundamental job of a leader is to provide a clarifying, inspiring vision for the future. Then provide the right context for people to achieve their best.
- Be yourself in your business by embracing your authentic leadership style.
- A lot of us go through that process of soul searching, doubting ourselves, and figuring out 'if this is actually going to work'. There's a completely different playbook, and part of the playbook is thinking about the future differently."
- "For me, it came down to authenticity. So not engaging and charming 50 people at the same time. What I found comfort in is that I could engage really well, one on one and roundtables of 10-15 people.
- "As an introvert, you might beat yourself up... 'My god, I’ve got to present or be someone different in front of others.' No, actually, be yourself."