Welcome to our very first episode of the year! Regardless of what the stock market will look like in 2023, you should consider some things in your retirement plan to still be in a good place.
It would be good to begin the year at the right place financially and in your retirement planning strategy. You also want to understand where you stand, whether you’re already in retirement or getting closer to retirement.
In this episode of the Secure Your Retirement podcast, we list ten items we think you should be considering, reviewing, and taking a look at as you set your 2023 goals. Listen in to learn why assessing your current financial situation will be your first step toward setting better goals for 2023.
In this episode, find out:
- Review your financial goals with your financial advisor on how it went last year and the potential this year.
- Assess your current financial situation – be aware of your overall net worth, assets, liabilities, and savings.
- Tweak your spending plan – track your spending and have a goal as you get closer to retirement.
- Review your insurance coverages – are you getting what you’re paying for, and do you have enough?
- Consider your retirement savings – how you can continue to fund your retirement plan.
- Make a debt repayment plan – focus on getting out of debt in 2023.
- Review your investment portfolio – reduce your portfolio’s risk exposure to what you want.
- Consider your estate planning needs – prioritize getting your documents in place.
- Review your credit report to ensure there’s no fraudulent activity.
- Take advantage of tax-saving opportunities – be proactive with your contributions and donations.
- “It would be good to begin the year understanding what you’re spending and what you want to be your goal as you get closer to or in retirement.”- Radon Stancil
- “Assessing that current financial situation is going to be the best first step to help you start thinking about what you want to do in 2023.”- Murs Tariq
If you are in or nearing retirement and you want to gain clarity on what questions you should be asking, learn what the biggest retirement myths are, and identify what you can do to achieve peace of mind for your retirement, get started today by requesting our complimentary video course, Four Steps to Secure Your Retirement!
To access the course, simply visit POMWealth.net/podcast.