Pantheon is building the world’s best web ops (website operations) platform to empower marketing and development teams to take control of their websites. Christy Marble, the Chief Marketing Officer of Pantheon, is a global SaaS growth marketing expert with over 20 years of experience leading all facets of marketing. Prior to Pantheon, she served as CMO of SAP Concur, and CMO of Visier.
Christy and Erica discuss building a marketing leadership team that does not compromise on diversity. They also discuss whether prior SaaS experience is necessary in a marketing leadership role at a SaaS company. They ponder why female candidates can feel the need to explain themselves more, and what needs to happen to break through unconscious bias in the workplace.
- Personal lessons on managing gender diversity from the home environment
- How diversity, equity, and inclusion are 3 different things
- How the hiring practice of doing a ‘listening interview’ and then a ‘questioning interview’ can be critical to hiring success
- How Christy builds and structures her organization and marketing leadership
- How to effectively transition from a bigger to a smaller company, by presenting yourself as a ‘sherpa’
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis: