Yes your principal is more likely to need a band aid but have you actually mapped out a medevac route? How reliable is your aeromed partner?
We are delighted to welcome Pete Reeve, Specialist Paramedic in Critical Care to the Circuit Magazine Podcast to ask:
- Is a 'normal' paramedic not good enough for your operation?
- Where should EP professionals look for effective response team partners?
- How useful are enhanced care skills obtained in a previous military career?
- How can protectors judge aeromed priorities when dealing with fractures?
- Why prolonged extraction times are not just for 'hot zones'?
- How can we ensure more medical problems do not arise from an extraction?
- How can protectors avoid becoming medevac patients themselves?
Pete is a specialist paramedic working in critical care; he is also the operations officer for Great Western Air Ambulance Charity.
Pete was the specialist lead for tactical medicine on the Hazardous Area Response Team and developed the unit response to marauding terrorist attacks as well as designing the response to deliberate vehicle attacks.
About Bodyguards for Kids:
Bodyguards for Kids and it's a combination of a virtual networking and educational fundraising event where 100% of the donations and event fees go to the children of St. Jude's Hospital. It takes place on March 18/19th 2023, and if you'd like to attend or just donate, click below:
Bodyguards for Kids
More about the Circuit:
The Circuit Magazine is written and produced by volunteers, most of who are operationally active, working full time in the security industry. The magazine is a product of their combined passion and desire to give something back to the industry. By subscribing to the magazine you are helping to keep it going into the future. Find out more >
If you liked this podcast, we have an accompanying weekly newsletter called 'On the Circuit' where we take a deeper dive into the wider industry. Opt in here >
The Circuit team is:
- Elijah Shaw
- Jon Moss
- Shaun West
- Phelim Rowe
Connect with Us:
British Bodyguard Association