Helping you to "be the best version of you that you can be" is the goal of Vex King's book: Good Vibes, Good Life. Continuing on from episode 2, I really think you'll love this episode as Vex has so many great messages, tips, and real-world applications on how to live your best life.
In this episode, I read from page 63 to 91. Let me know what you think of the episode in the comments depending on where you're listening, or reach out on social media.
- 00:00 - Introduction
- 02:23 - Page 63: Awareness of the present
- 06:50 - Staying stuck on the future and the past
- 10:01 - The benefits of meditation
- 13:23 - Relaxation meditation step-by-step
- 18:49 - The power of the breath
- 20:52 - Catherine's thoughts on meditation
- 22:53 - Part 3: Make yourself a priority
- 24:20 - Unconditional love and toxicity
- 29:48 - Check your own behaviour
- 33:30 - The power of a good partner
- 36:25 - Unhealthy relationships
- 39:35 - Are you in a toxic relationship?
- 42:24 - Final thoughts
- It’s easy to live inside our heads instead of living in the here and now.
- Nothing is more valuable than the present moment because you can never get it back.
- It’s so important to spend time with loved ones, no matter what species!
- Getting caught up in planning the future is easy, but the future does not exist yet. Focus on the future and you will miss the present.
- Regular meditation practice can change your life for the better. It can reduce anger, increase patience, and even improve your physical wellbeing.
- Only when you manage your relationship with the self well, can you manage relationships with others.
- It’s much easier to see the good in life when you’re around positive people.
- Even when you think someone is overreacting, it’s important not to invalidate their feelings. Seek understanding and work through the problem together.
- Everyone deserves respect for their feelings. We cannot be flawless.
- Although you can’t demand respect from someone, you can extract yourself from situations where you are not respected.
- Giving up isn’t always the answer, but sometimes you have to walk away, especially when you lose your sense of self.
The Roots Brand
CEA - Dog Nutrition Course
CEA - Cat Nutrition Course
Follow me on social media:
Podcast editing and production by Momiji Media.
Disclaimer: The purpose of this podcast is to keep curious and keep free. The opinions of the guests do not necessarily represent the opinions of the host and vice versa - exploring different opinions is key to growth. The content in this podcast and on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical or veterinary advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified healthcare professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical or veterinary advice because of something you have heard on my podcast or website.