Have you ever given up, or not started, because a journey looked too difficult? Everyone deals with difficult circumstances, but you can form habits and relationships that help you weather the winds of change. Our guest, Gene McNaughton, has helped scale businesses and brands like Gateway Computers, Tony Robbins, John Assaraf, and Chet Holmes. Gene has experienced incredible opportunities and achieved great things... but the journey wasn’t easy. It doesn’t matter who you are or what or what level of career you’re at – we all struggle sometimes. Gene is going to help you keep a positive mindset through it all. (If you have any feedback about the show, share it on social media using #theONEthing. We are listening and we want you to take ownership over the show – this is YOUR podcast!)
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
We want you to know your North Star (your ultimate priority outcome) so that you can better protect your time. Identify where you want to go. In 20 years, what does amazing look like? Remove any logic holding you back and cast a big vision. Identify one specific action that you can do in five years to stay on track for your 20-year goal, one action you can do this year to stay on track for your five-year goal, one action you can do this month to stay on track for your one-year goal, and one action you can do this week to stay on track for your monthly goal. Put those actions on your calendar, in addition to any family, personal, or spiritual time you already have planned. Hold yourself accountable to your calendar. Don’t let new plans disrupt your priorities.
In this episode you will learn...
- [4:18] How to empower yourself when you feel like a victim.
- [10:14] Why surrounding yourself with the right people is critical for overcoming your lowest points.
- [12:17] How to maximize any compensation structure.
- [15:07] How to transcend limiting beliefs about success, compensation, and yourself.
- [18:03] Why you need to avoid commoditization.
- [20:05] How to understand the psychology of peak performance.
- [24:40] How to reframe every interaction around value.
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar Check out our awesome blog!
- [FREE Training] How to Start Time Blocking TODAY!
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Check out Gene’s Book: The Sales EDGE
Get a FREE digital copy of the bestselling book The ONE Thing! We are on a mission to become the #1 podcast in iTunes. You can help us get there by subscribing to the show. Click here to subscribe. Once you subscribe (either on your phone or computer), take a screenshot showing that you subscribed, and email that photo to firstname.lastname@example.org We will then send you a link to get your FREE digital copy :)
Production & Development for The ONE Thing Podcast by Podcast Masters
Mentioned in this episode:
Go to heathycell.com slash ONE and use promo code ONE to get 20% off your first order. That’s healthycell dot com slash O-N-E to get 20% off your first order with promo code ONE
Go to Bambee dot com RIGHT NOW and type in The ONE Thing under PODCAST when you sign up - it’ll really help the show.
Spelled, BAM-B-E-E dot com. Bambee dot com type in The ONE Thing