271: Creating An Epic Welcome Video,Bryan Nixon, MA, LPC
Today’s topic is very specific, but it’s one that makes a big difference in your private practice and has a meaningful impact on your clients. We are talking about creating an epic welcome video for your practice website. If making a welcome video isn’t part of your website already, don’t miss today’s episode about showing up authentically in ways that connect you to your clients.
Our Featured Guest
Bryan Nixon, MA, LPC
Bryan Nixon is a group practice owner in Grand Rapids, Michigan. His welcome video on his website stands out in my mind as a beautiful and powerful example of what we’re bringing forward in today’s show. Bryan will break down the process of creating such a video, along with things a clinician might overlook when creating such a video. We will wrap up with helpful tips if creating an engaging welcome video is on your to-do list.
● How a video can bring intentionality to your sacred work of therapy in a visual experience
● How Bryan identified the vibe he wanted to communicate about his practice
● Why Bryan decided to feature an old, scarred dresser in his welcome video and the symbolism it presents to clients
● What a client really wants to know about a therapist: Will you see me? Will you hear me? Will you connect with me?
● Why Bryan felt the importance of “telling the story” through narration for his video
● Three tips for creating an impactful welcome video:
○ Be willing to do your own work with authenticity before you think about a video
○ Connect to your purpose and your WHY in the world
○ Present your authenticity, but don’t be afraid to show your mistakes
● Bryan’s continuing ed program, Relationally-Focused Psychodynamic Therapy
● How restorative healing comes about as a result of the relationship between the client and the therapist
Today’s Podcast Sponsor:
Tidemark VA Services provides billing, credentialing, client scheduling, and social media management services to therapists in private practice. The owner, Brittany, is a group practice owner who knows the ins and outs of our field.
Disclosures: Please note that all opinions are my own and based on my personal experience. Sponsors are acknowledged. Some links in the description are affiliate links where if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I use these funds to continue to create helpful content to serve our field. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
MY FREE ONLINE WORKSHOPS (These Can Be Watched At A Date/Time That Works For You):
Online Course School (A course to create, sell, and grow a successful online course): COMING IN 2022 (please feel free to download the online guide course above and I can keep you updated as I'm trying to build this with ample input and care including a chance to work 1 on 1 with me!):
Since 2015, I've hosted a weekly podcast where I interview successful therapists in private practice and other business owners to help us grow our impact + income in and beyond the therapy room.
The podcast has been downloaded over 1.2 million times and is heard in over 140 countries.
You can find also it by searching “Selling The Couch” on any podcast app (eg: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify etc) or simply saying "Alexa, listen to Selling The Couch" on your Amazon device. =