Ab curls ARE safe during pregnancy. Many people mistakenly believe they increase risk of diastasis but this is not true.
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Check out or visualized anatomy program here
- Diastasis gets narrower during a curl up here and here
- Diastasis gets wider during TrA contraction here and here
- Prenatal abdominal strengthening probably helps diastasis here
- Postpartum abdominal strengthening probably helps diastasis here
- US General Surgeon’s perspective on exercise for diastasis here
- ACOG guidelines on exercise during pregnancy and postpartum here
- Get a copy of Raph's new book 'How to make $100k a year teaching Pilates' here.
- Connect with Raph here.
Learn more here.
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy
AdBarker - https://adbarker.com/privacy