Gagan Biyani is a founder of Udemy, a $2billion platform that lets people sell courses online. Now he’s building a cohort-based courses (CBC) platform. Make sure to subscribe for more videos like this:
▶️ Also join our new "Copywriting Course Clips" channel:
00:00 Introducing Gagan Biyani founder of Udemy
01:05 What are Cohort Based Courses and how do they work?
03:48 The pro’s and con’s of cohorts and communities.
07:43 Putting deadlines, goals, and specific outcomes on cohorts & communities.
13:32 The “tool stack” to build a cohort or community, and why not Facebook?
24:44 How do you keep a community of people engaged?
Topics we cover in this awesome interview:
COURSES EVOLVING INTO COMMUNITIES:
• Are courses evolving into communities? I foresee all courses having a community component within 2 years.
• Evolution PDF’s → Videos → Access → Services → Community → Done for you.
• Are course communities just turning into SaaS companies?
• Do cohorts need to have a specific topic and a specific deadline?
What are the tools needed to create a cohort based platform?
PROBLEMS WITH COMMUNITIES:
• What are the biggest problems you see with communities?
• Why can’t people just do this on Facebook Groups?
• How do you keep a community engaged?
COHORT BASED PLATFORMS:
• How is this different than college, grad school?
• Can you explain these platforms?
• Examples of good cohort communities? AltMBA?
• Why cohorts?
• They emulate the college model.
• Lots of buildup then enroll. Hard deadline. Everyone on same page.
🖥 Website: https://www.udemy.com/
🖥 Website: https://bitly.com/wk-gb
🖥 Website: https://www.gaganbiyani.com/
🐦 Twitter: https://twitter.com/gaganbiyani
Follow Copywriting Course:
🖥 Website: https://copywritingcourse.com
🐦 Twitter: https://twitter.com/nevmed
👨🏼💼 Members Area: https://members.copywritingcourse.com
▶️ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/kopywriting
Make sure to subscribe for more videos like this: