Jonny Coates, Business and Finance Director, joins me to talk about making the move from primary to secondary, the jaw-dropping challenges that came with it and the lessons he learned along the way….
The episode at a glance:
[3:34] – Jonny describes his journey into school business leadership
[7:33] – Jonny talks about the main differences he found between primary and secondary schools
[13:44] – Think you’ve heard it all? Think again. Jonny talks about his first day in his new job and the bombshells that followed
[23:02] – Jonny shares the challenges of culture change
[29:57] – Jonny describes his experience with a common emotion in the SBL role – loneliness – and how he went about fixing it
[31:00] – Jonny tells us how the story ends…
[34:19] – Jonny explains how to undertake your own due diligence when considering new roles
[38:16] – Jonny talks about his current role and let’s us in on his aspirations for the future
[44:16] – Jonny tells us about the importance of learning both from your experiences and CPD
- Follow Jonny on Twitter
If you’re a School Business Leader:
- PODCAST: How to hit the ground running without a handover
- BLOG: How to get all staff involved in the financial wellbeing of your school
- BLOG: How to be seen as a team player within SLT
Want to be a guest on the podcast?
Click here to leave me your details and I'll be in touch soon!
· If you haven’t already, make sure you hit subscribe in your podcast player so you don’t miss out on future episodes!
· Or click here if it’s easier!
Get in touch:
You know I love to hear from you so please pop me an email or get in touch on social media to let me know what you think of the show and what you’d like to see in the future!
You can find Laura here…
- Website, Blog & Free Resources