In this episode, Kent Auslander, co-founder of Hot Route Tips, a Madden Football website that sells expert tips and e-books, discusses developing his passion for gaming into a business, maintaining product authenticity in their niche, monetizing a YouTube channel, rigorously updating a knowledge product, how the business nearly derailed in the second month, how he leverages his audience for marketing, choosing promotional partners very carefully, and their future plans.
- (0:00) Episode introduction with Kyle and Jason
- (1:20) The origin story of Hot Route Tips, how Kent got into Madden, and his early monetization strategies
- (5:13) The freakout video and how it impacted Kent early on
- (7:46) How Kent and Throne partnered and the process behind creating the ebooks
- (14:19) The variability in Madden and the customer service with an audience with a wide age range
- (20:17) Seasonality with Madden content sales and how the pandemic impacted sales
- (21:53) The growth of the gaming industry over the years and how they acquire customers
- (28:00) The different ways that Hot Route Tips is monetized and the point that Kent realized that is was sustainable
- (30:53) The work-life balance of working in a time sensitive industry and the importance of social interaction
- (40:17) Growth strategies, goals, and outsourcing for Hot Route Tips
- (47:27) The tool or service that Hot Route Tips can’t live without
- (49:10) One thing that Kent would change about the business or the ebooks
- (51:39) Where you can find Kent and Hot Route Tips online
- (52:25) Closing thoughts with Kyle and Jason
Hot Route Tips Links:
Kent Auslander Links:
Links mentation In this Interview:
Sony Vegas: (https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/)
Follow Monetize Media on Social Media:
YouTube : (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8a20ZIx7dx1reQ4pdvCBPA)
Listen on your favorite streaming platform : https://link.chtbl.com/MonetizeMedia
Check out our website for more information : (https://www.monetize.media)
This podcast is hosted by Kyle Scott and Jason Ziernicki and produced by (PodcastSins.com).
Copyright CBWG Media Group LLC.
Please consider subscribing and sharing this episode if you found it entertaining or informative.
If you want to go the extra mile, you can leave us a rating or review which helps the show with rankings and algorithms on certain platforms. you can leave us a review on Podchaser or Apple Podcasts
Make sure you’re subscribed to the podcast so you get the latest episodes.
Any and all opinions expressed are solely the hosts and guest(s) and do not represent or express the views or opinions of monetize media